Frequently Asked Questions
- The application process takes too long, is there a way to speed it up?
Processing any application can take up to 21 days, although we strive to get them done much faster than that. If you know you'll need paratransit on a specific day, we advise you to get them in early to avoid potential problems.
- I got a letter saying my service is about to expire, what now?
You're only certified for a maximum of three (3) years at a time. If you need to keep using our service, you'll need to fill out another application. The whole application needs filled out every time, even if nothing has changed.
- When can I schedule a ride?
You can schedule a ride 1-7 days in advance of your trip. If you call same-day, we can try to get you on the schedule, but that is not always possible. The earlier you can schedule, the better.
- I need to cancel my trip I have scheduled for tomorrow, will I be penalized?
We keep track of all cancellations and reasons for cancellations. If we notice you have a pattern of scheduling rides and cancelling them, we will reach out to see what's going on. This can cause a lot of strain on our scheduling system and be a hindrance for drivers and other passengers. For more information, see please read our Paratransit Policies.
- My bus pass isn't working but there is money left on it. What do I do?
We physically need the card at our office on Huss Drive in Chico in order to fix a card like this. If you can't have someone physically bring in the card, please mail it to:B-Line Paratransit326 Huss Drive, Suite 150Chico, CA 95928Be sure to include a note saying what happened and include a self-addressed and stamped envelope and we'll mail back the appropriate replacement as soon as it's fixed.
- I'm filling out an application for someone else. Who needs to sign it?
The applicant or their Power of Attorney needs to sign the application. If the POA signs it, please make sure to indicate that next to, or beneath, the signature.
- These trips are a lot of money. Are there any programs for low income riders to make the trip cheaper?
Butte Regional Transit does not offer any program that can make this service any more affordable than it is. The government already subsidizes these rides by 90% so that you are responsible for the smallest portion. We understand that many of our riders are on a very fixed income, and we are always looking at ways to keep costs down.
This application is really long, do I have to fill out everything including the HIPAA?
Yes, we need the entire application. We took out the requirement of a doctor's signature to make things easier on you, our applicant. In it's place, though, we have the HIPAA that gives your doctor's office permission to talk to us here at B-Line about your specific disability and how that affects your functional mobility. Rest assured we will not use your information for anything other than determining paratransit eligibility.
I filled out an old version of an application. Can I still submit it?
Starting March 31, 2020 we will no longer be accepting old applications. The Dial-A-Ride application was last changed in 2014, and the ADA Paratransit application was changed at the start of August 2019. Please use the current applications that are found on our website.
How many bags can I bring onto the bus with me?
You are able to bring on as many bags as you (and your PCA) can safely stow on the bus and remove from the bus in one trip. If you need help from the driver to get your bags to your destination, they can help you with a reasonable number (ie how much they can safely take in one trip from the bus to the door). Please remember the bus driver cannot leave the line of sight of the vehicle, or go through doorways.
- What are the hours of operation?
- The hours of operation are the same as the fixed route. That means that if the fixed route buses are running in your city (6pm in Oroville seven days a week, 10pm in Chico Monday through Saturday, 7:30pm in Paradise/Magalia Monday through Friday, etc) then you can book a paratransit trip. That means the last drop-off needs to by by that time. You won't be able to schedule a pick-up for 6pm in Oroville, but you will be dropped off by 6pm.
Is your question not here? Contact us!Top of Page
If you have a question that's not listed above, please reach out. We're happy to speak to you about your specific needs and questions.
You can reach us at (530) 809-4616 (option 1) for administrative support, and (530) 342-0221 for ride-related inquires.